Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dune Road by Jane Green

I've read a couple of Jane Green novels (Mr. Maybe, The Other Woman) and enjoyed her story telling, so I picked up Dune Road when I saw it under the new releases at the library. There were several aspects of the book I enjoyed - it takes place in Highfield, Connecticut, a rich coastal town, where the protagonist Kit Hardgrove lives. Kit is recovering from her divorce and finally starting to feel like herself again. She befriends her neighbor Edie, who becomes a mother figure for Kit, and Kit gets a great job as a personal assistant to Highfield's resident celebrity, the author Robert McClore.

Then the drama starts to unfold. I loved the the plot line, but I couldn't help but feel like everything ended just a little too neatly and nicely towards the end. While I do love a happy ending, this ending felt rushed and a bit incomplete. Green creates a great cast of characters though, and I enjoyed getting to know all of them.

If you're a fan of Jane Green, then it's worth a read. If you've never read her - start with Mr. Maybe or The Other Woman.

[Photo: www.bookswim.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment