Sunday, August 23, 2009

Seaside by Scarlett Thomas

I picked up Seaside by Scarlett Thomas at the library before my vacation since I would be at that location . . . although I don't normally read murder mystery books, this one was intringuing because a twin was murdered but they didn't know which one.
Seaside is part of a Lily Pascale series, the novel's heroine and private investigator. The other books in the Lily Pascale series are Dead Clever and In Your Face, Seaside is actually the most recent of the trio.
Lily is living in the English seaside town of Torquay when she is approached with the strange case of the Laura and Alex Carter. Because they share DNA, the police are unable to determine which twin is actually dead. It doesn't help that the twin who's still alive is pretending to be both Laura and Alex.
The gloomy atmosphere of this town in winter adds an intriguing backdrop to the case. This is the perfect book to curl up with on a rainy day when you have nothing else to do, which is exactly what I did our first day of vacation! I guarantee you won't be able to put it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment